alicejanell

Alice Janell

Whovian Browncoat. Fantasy author. Avid knitter and pretend cooking show host. Please send Milky Way Midnight Minis.

Over My Dead Body (Broken Heart Vampires)

Over My Dead Body - Michele Bardsley The fifth installment of Michele Bardsley’s paranormal romance series, Broken Heart Vampires, centers around Simone Sweet.

While still as humorous as other Broken Heart books, Over My Dead Body also has a darker tone than some of the earlier books. Simone’s past with an abusive husband clearly haunts her and so far, she’s does a fair job of keeping herself secluded from everyone in Broken Heart.

But how long can she deny her growing attraction to the sexy, mysterious Brad Hayes?

Over My Dead Body may be my favorite in the series so far. I read it in one sitting – I just could not put it down.
Despite the strong sexual attraction between Simone and Brad, this book is more action than romance. When the scars of Simon’s past begin to peer out, we see a tough, independent woman struggle to face the fears so rooted in her past.
Will Simone be able to let her guard down enough to let Brad in?

Of course, while Simone is battling her emotional demons, trouble is afoot in Broken Heart. Someone’s attacking Broken Heart citizens, and all the victims are connected to Simone.

There’s something eerily familiar about the attacks, and yet nothing seems to add up.

Simone better figure it out fast, though, because her little girl’s life is on the line.

Over My Dead Body is a face-paced novel about facing your fears, letting go of your past and learning to love again.

Like this review? Get your fix:Book-Addicts.com.