alicejanell

Alice Janell

Whovian Browncoat. Fantasy author. Avid knitter and pretend cooking show host. Please send Milky Way Midnight Minis.

Entwined (Eternal Guardians)

Entwined - Elisabeth Naughton The second in Elisabeth Naughton's Eternal Guardians series, Entwined follows the Argonaut Zander, who is a descendant of Achilles.

It's rumored that Zander is immortal. But as a descendant of Achilles, he's got to have a vulnerability somewhere. The political unrest in Argolea finds Zander volunteering to marry Isadora, the king's daughter. But when he begins to run into Callia, the soul mate he loved and lost, more frequently, Zander can't get her out of his mind.

Despite still wanting Callia, Zander remembers how she betrayed him 10 years ago. Zander can't find it in him to forgive her, soul mate or not.

This series is fantastic. Naughton takes her readers into a world where Ancient Greece is still alive. Entwined has a lot of action, but it's the strong emotions that grip readers into the story. The emotions are so strong and so compelling, I could not put this book down.

Entwined is thrilling and captivating -- it's full of deceit, betrayal and love gone wrong. Naughton introduces a slew of new characters, including the mysterious Orpheus -- is friend or is he foe? And what's up with Persephone showing herself to Isadora -- what's she playing at? When the gods are involved, it can't be good...

About the only thing keeping me from giving this book a five star review is the sub-story with Maximus. I honestly just didn't buy it. I didn't even realize Max was a 10-year-old boy until two-thirds of the way through the book. And while I love HEA just as much as the next person, Max reunited with his parents as though he were only missing for a weekend, not 10 years. I was just a hard pill to swallow.

Like this review? Get your fix:Book-Addicts.com.