alicejanell

Alice Janell

Whovian Browncoat. Fantasy author. Avid knitter and pretend cooking show host. Please send Milky Way Midnight Minis.

Wait Till Your Vampire Gets Home (Broken Heart, Oklahoma, Book 4)

Wait Till Your Vampire Gets Home - Michele Bardsley Perhaps I’m a bit biased, but I thoroughly enjoyed the fourth installment of the Broken Heart Vampires series.

Michele Bardsley’s Wait till Your Vampire Gets Home focuses on the only single-dad-turned-vampire in Broken Heart, Ralph. I’ll admit I was a bit disappointed when I opened the first page and realized that the story was not told from Ralph’s POV. Instead, the story is told from the perspective of Libby Monroe, a paranormal investigator.

Though Libby has been raised by her parents to believe in the paranormal, her life changes when she’s confronted with vampires, werewolves, zombies and dragons — all in one night. When she’s taken to Patsy, Broken Heart’s resident vampire queen, and is then put under Ralph’s custody, the plot really begins to heat up – literally and figuratively – and what ensues is a wild ride that will have you rapidly turning pages.

The returning characters from the first three books in addition to newer ones, keeps the series fresh. Bardsley does a really great job of rotating her cast of characters so that those who were minor characters in other books are suddenly major players in this one. Bardsley also introduces new species into the Broken Heart Vampires world including dragons, demons and shape shifters.

Wait till Your Vampire Gets Home is everything you’d expect from a Broken Heart Vampires book and more. Bardsley weaves nonstop action and a wild menagerie of a cast with romance and family relationships in this humorously heartwarming tale.

Like this review? Get your fix:Book-Addicts.com.