alicejanell

Alice Janell

Whovian Browncoat. Fantasy author. Avid knitter and pretend cooking show host. Please send Milky Way Midnight Minis.

Angel Thief

Angel Thief - Jenny Schwartz After receiving an ARC of "Angel Thief" from Netgalley, I was excited to read this novella from Carina Press.

The premise caught my attention straight away: a paranormal romance with angels and dark genies (djinn). Finally! Something other than vampires, werewolves, witches and faeries. The paranormal spectrum is large and wide; it's nice to read about something different.

However, I had a hard time connecting with the characters. They felt one-dimensional and the romance wasn't as believable as I would have liked it to be.Though I enjoyed reading about a rule-breaking angel, it just wasn't conveyed believably. I would have liked to know more about the "rules" of this paranormal world. This may have worked better if this story were a novel, rather than a novella.

There was simply too much being squeezed into too little pages. Overall, "Angel Thief" was a quick, adventeruous read.